If you are thinking of selling your Fountain Hills home, you probably have three main objectives:
1. Selling your home for the highest feasible price.
2. Selling your home as quickly as possible.
3. Selling your home with a minimum amount of contingencies.
As your experienced Fountain Hills real estate professional, I understand these goals and I will help you meet them!
I also want to share insights from a survey by HomeGain, which says that 75% of home sellers believe their home is worth more than more than their agent's recommended price.
This isn't surprising. After all, your property tax assessment may be higher than the market value of your home. Your replacement cost in your home insurance policy may be higher than the market value of your home. It only stands to reason that your personal opinion of your home's value may be higher than the current market value.
But I'm going to tell you what your home is likely to sell for, given current market values and recent home sales in your neighborhood. After all, selling your home and experimenting with the market are two different things. Over-pricing your home just to "see what happens" usually backfires, and here's why:
1. Most home buyers need mortgages, and mortgages require appraisals. If your home fails to appraise for the sales price, there's no deal.
2. The first 30 days on the market are critical. If your home is over-priced, buyers are likely to avoid it, which extends your days on market. The longer your home lingers on the market, the more it has to compete with new listings, and the weaker your negotiating position becomes.
Getting top dollar for your Fountain Hills home begins with a realistic assessment of your home's competitive strength in the market! With over 30 years of experience in Fountain Hills real estate, I have helped home sellers succeed throughout all market conditions! When you have questions about selling your home, call me! I will be happy to help you!